The Massachusetts Woodstove Change-Out program offers rebates to assist Massachusetts residents in replacing non-EPA-certified wood stoves with cleaner, more efficient EPA-certified wood or pellet stoves.
Who is Eligible?
Homeowners are eligible for the standard rebate if:
- Their old wood burning stove is currently operational, non-EPA certified, and located in a residential home.
- The stove they plan to purchase is EPA-certified and meets Commonwealth Woodstove Change-Out Program emissions requirements for new stoves.
Homeowners are eligible for a low-income rebate if:
- They meet all requirements for the standard rebate and their annual household income falls below 80% of the Massachusetts state median income level.
Homeowners are not eligible for the program if:
- They are not replacing an existing operational woodstove or fireplace insert.
- Their existing woodstove or fireplace insert is EPA-certified. Only non-EPA certified stoves are eligible for replacement under the Commonwealth Woodstove Change-Out Program.
- They wish to replace an existing pellet stove. Existing pellet stoves are not eligible for replacement under the Commonwealth Woodstove Change-Out Program.
Homeowners who are not eligible to participate in the Commonwealth Woodstove Change-Out Program may be eligible for rebates for other clean heating and cooling technologies.
For more information on wood stove and wood burning fireplace inserts, contact The Fireplace Shop and Grill Center at West Sport in Sudbury, MA. Now is the time to buy during our store renovation sale!