Side Dish: Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini
- 3 zucchini
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat an outdoor gas or charcoal grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
Cut the zucchini in half crosswise, then slice each half into 3 slices lengthwise, making 6 slices per zucchini.
Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a bowl, and spread the mixture on both sides of each zucchini slice. Sprinkle one side of each slice with Parmesan cheese, and place the slices, cheese sides up, crosswise on the preheated grill to keep them from falling through.
Grill the zucchini until the cheese has melted and the slices are cooked through and show grill marks, about 8 minutes.
Main Meal: Blue Cheese Burgers
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 12 French rolls or hamburger buns
In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, and mustard. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat grill for high heat. Gently form the burger mixture into about 12 patties.
Oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Serve on rolls.
Dessert: Grilled Peaches and Cream
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons clover honey, or brown sugar and cinamon
- 1 cup soft cream cheese with honey and nuts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill for medium-high heat.
Brush peaches with a light coating of oil. Place pit side down onto the grill. Grill for 5 minutes, or until the surfaces have nice grill marks. Turn the peaches over, and drizzle with a bit of honey (or brown sugar and cinnamon). Place a dollop of the cream cheese spread in the place where the pit was. Grill for 2 to 3 more minutes, or until the filling is warm. Serve immediately.